People in our community and all over the world partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. With our help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and independence they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Since our affiliation in 1994, Habitat for Humanity of Worcester County has built 21 homes from the ground up and completed multiple critical home repair projects with the continued support of our donors, volunteers and families!
- Our most recent build was a single family home in Bishopville for Ashley and her four children completed December 2019
- Three home builds on Flower Street in Berlin
- Single family home builds in Ocean Pines, Whaleyville, and Snow Hill
- Veteran's Repair Project in Snow Hill
- Critical Repair Projects in Snow Hill & Berlin
- Substantial Rehab project in Berlin
- MEMA Hazard Mitigation Home Elevation project in West Ocean City
- A Brush with Kindness Roof Repair project in Ocean Pines
- 2020 critical repair projects
- Multi-purpose building on Jefferson Street in downtown Berlin
Every helping hand makes a difference
Construction projects require a substantial amount of financial support, labor, resources and time. If you are a Worcester County property owner who would consider donating land, or selling at a reduced cost please email us for more information.
To make a donation now, visit here. To become a volunteer, visit here.
If you are interested in becoming a partner family for a new build, or if you are a homeowner whose home is in need of repairs, find out how Habitat for Humanity may help you by visiting our Homeownership page.